Like many others, I’ve had my fair share of German bakery goodies, heaps of gouda cheese and at least 5 ice creams a week while living in Düsseldorf. Here’s a little inspiration to get us back into the swing of fitness while living in Düsseldorf. Because I know I’m not the only one on a budget, here is a price comparison of the fitness gyms in Dusseldorf (conveniently from cheapest to most expensive).
Fitness Gyms in Dusseldorf
- Price: 19,90 Euro/month [based on 12 month contract]
- Location: Bilk, Lierenfeld, Ratingen, Neuss
- Features: Open 24/7, supervisors on staff, pause your contract for up to 9 months/year, free on-site trainer care
- Price: Starting at 19,95 Euro/month [note: there’s a quarterly fee of 12,50, you must sign up for 2 years, and buy the 19,95 Euro club card]
- Location: Heinz-Schmöle Str. [near the HBF]
- Features: Pilates, yoga, courses, free parking, drink flat-rate, sauna, massage chair
- Price: 20 Euro/month
- Location: Flingern, Derendorf, Lörick, Holthausen, Ratingen, Krefeld
- Features: Open 24/7, free on-site trainer care, drink bar, free showers, free parking
- Price: Starting at 25 Euro/month
- Location: Friedrichstadt & Bilk
- Features: Free trials, live courses, cyberobics, ladies area, functional training, comfy lounges
- Price: 43,99 Euro/month
- Location: Unterbilk, Pemplefort, Garath, Gerresheim, Ratingen
- Features: Women only (hence, Mrs.), free consultation, 1 free trial day
- Price: starting at 44,99 Euro/month
- Location: Königsallee, Schadowstrasse, Aachener Str., Derendorferallee, Rather Str., Bonner Str.
- Features: Childcare, 3 free trial days (voucher online), some women clubs, 1,000+ fitness course/month,
- Note: some features may vary based on location
- Price: starting at 49 Euro/month
- Location: Düsseltal
- Features: Boutique gym, 1 free trial day, open 365 days a year, no commitment (easy cancellation)
- Price: Starting at 59,90 Euro/month
- Location: Düsseldorf Arcaden [Bilk]
- Features: Prevention course (back and heart disease), group courses, personal training, youth fitness, firm fitness, 1 trial day [10 – 20 Euro]
Since I have not been to all of these gyms in Dusseldorf myself, I have used this information from what they offer online (some prices harder to find for obvious reason). I ask more now than ever that if you’ve found they charge more upon arrival, offer poor services or offer more than what I’ve credited them for, please leave a comment below!
(because this looks like me on a motivated day… and it makes me laugh)
Want in on a little secret?
There are many more ways to get in your exercise while living #LifeInDüsseldorf, consider checking out the many sport groups, soccer/football clubs, badminton courts, etc. around the area. Getting a little more specific, here are my personal secrets for working out:
The city of Düsseldorf actually provides a “sport in the park” workout opportunity for FREE! It stars on May 2, 2016 – October 9, 2016 this year (dates may vary by year). Workouts are run almost every day in locations across the city.
This is my favorite place in the winter and summer for badminton (and I never even liked badminton before). They’ve got an awesome restaurant and bar, a fitness studio, multiple indoor badminton courts and a huge outdoor beach volleyball space. This is a great place to bring friends and family and you can pay per day/hour for most activities.
There’s one more place that I’m not sharing with you online to save the preciousness (is that a word?) of the spot. I take workout classes in a school gym who offer yoga, Zumba, dance, Pilates, aerobics and more for 60 Euros per year. If you’ve managed to read to the bottom of the post, you deserve it! Simply CLICK HERE, send us your e-mail and we’ll send you this hidden gem right away!
Want to recommend more gyms in Dusseldorf? Do you have any questions about living #LifeInDüsseldorf? Feel free to send us an email with your questions at email@example.com. If you have tips you’d like to share with others, we’re also accepting guest posts which include the author’s name, bio and photo.