Our blog posts may include affiliate links. These affiliate links don't cost you anything, but we might earn a few Euros if you decide to purchase something from one of our recommended website partners. Thank you for your support to help keep this platform up and running!
Like many others, I’ve had my fair share of German “Kaffee und Kuchen“, heaps of gouda cheese, and some of the best ice cream while living in Düsseldorf. Here’s a little inspiration to get us back into the swing of fitness while living in Düsseldorf. Because I know I’m not the only one on a budget, here is a price comparison of the fitness gyms in Dusseldorf (conveniently from cheapest to most expensive).
Fitness Gyms in Dusseldorf
- Price: 19,90 Euro/month [based on 12 month contract]
- Location: Bilk, Lierenfeld, Ratingen, Neuss
- Features: Open 24/7, supervisors on staff, pause your contract for up to 9 months/year, free on-site trainer care
- Price: Starting at 19,95 Euro/month [note: there’s a quarterly fee of 12,50, you must sign up for 2 years, and buy the 19,95 Euro club card]
- Location: Heinz-Schmöle Str. [near the HBF]
- Features: Pilates, yoga, courses, free parking, drink flat-rate, sauna, massage chair
- Price: 20 Euro/month
- Location: Flingern, Derendorf, Lörick, Holthausen, Ratingen, Krefeld
- Features: Open 24/7, free on-site trainer care, drink bar, free showers, free parking
- Price: Starting at 25 Euro/month
- Location: Friedrichstadt & Bilk
- Features: Free trials, live courses, cyberobics, ladies area, functional training, comfy lounges
- Price: 43,99 Euro/month
- Location: Unterbilk, Pemplefort, Garath, Gerresheim, Ratingen
- Features: Women only (hence, Mrs.), free consultation, 1 free trial day
- Price: starting at 44,99 Euro/month
- Location: Königsallee, Schadowstrasse, Aachener Str., Derendorferallee, Rather Str., Bonner Str.
- Features: Childcare, 3 free trial days (voucher online), some women clubs, 1,000+ fitness course/month,
- Note: some features may vary based on location
- Price: starting at 49 Euro/month
- Location: Düsseltal
- Features: Boutique gym, 1 free trial day, open 365 days a year, no commitment (easy cancellation)
- Price: Starting at 59,90 Euro/month
- Location: Düsseldorf Arcaden [Bilk]
- Features: Prevention course (back and heart disease), group courses, personal training, youth fitness, firm fitness, 1 trial day [10 – 20 Euro]
Since I have not been to all of these gyms in Dusseldorf myself, I have used this information from what they offer online (some prices harder to find for obvious reason). I ask more now than ever that if you’ve found they charge more upon arrival, offer poor services or offer more than what I’ve credited them for, please leave a comment below!
Want in on a little secret?
There are many more ways to get in your exercise while living Life in Düsseldorf, consider checking out the many sports groups, soccer/football clubs, badminton courts, etc. around the area. Getting a little more specific, here is my personal secret for working out for free!
The city of Düsseldorf actually provides a “sport in the park” workout opportunity for FREE! It stars on May 2, 2016 – October 9, 2016, this year (dates may vary by year). Workouts are run almost every day in locations across the city.
New to Germany? Join our Welcome Program! Want to join our author team? Send us an email! Join our Life in Düsseldorf | Expats & Locals Community group and register for our newsletter (packed with the hottest events, seasonal activities, upcoming job opportunities and more)!