A family friendly borough of Düsseldorf and home of the old Zoological Gardens, Düsseltal is an awesome area filled with delicious one-of-a-kind restaurants, local shops and beautiful city nature. Lotta Leben, English-speaking expat from Finland residing in Düsseltal/Flingern, Düsseldorf is sharing her wonderful tips about the best of her neighborhood.
What are the best food spots in your district?
- Suli’s cafe: Great for breakfast and a nice for a glass of wine outside in the summer
- Sennhütte: Also a nice location for a glass of wine
- Banh boyo: A recently new and cool Vietnamese place, nice little dishes for a snack or a big meal
- Luang prabang: Pricey but worth the money, reserve a table well in advance. Nice cocktails.
- Okra: Ethiopian place where you eat with your hands off a plate of sour dough bread.
- Lotte: Good for some beers outside
- Hüftgold: Yummy cake
- Böser Chinese: Hand-made noodles and a nice atmosphere
What are the best things to do in Düsseltal?
- Head to Zoopark for a walk and hanging out in the sun
- Breakfast at Suli’s
- Flingern at night, an event in May
- Wandering through Ackerstrasse and checking out all the little hipster shops, smoothie bars and second-hand shops
- Finally ending up at Cafe Hüftgold for a coffee and piece of cake and/or ice-cream at Normann’s Eisfabrik
What are your favourite shops in Düsseltal?
- Unterhaltung Liebling Stücke: Hipster shop if you’re into that kind of thing, tons of these on Ackerstrasse
- Shop Rikiki: Pictures, cushions, stationary, decoration and more!
What types of entertainment are offered in Düsseltal?
- Düsselstrand: For swimming and sauna – the sauna area was renovated last year and is really nice now, my favourite in Düsseldorf
- Stadtwerke “park”: Just opposite Düsselstrand: free beach volley court, skateboarding etc.
- Golden Fass Düsseldorf: Sports bar with pool tables, darts and kegeln (German bowling)
What are the best “Nature Spots” in your district?
Don’t forget to include your tips in the comments section below. Do you have any questions about living #LifeInDüsseldorf? Feel free to send us an email with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have tips you’d like to share with others, we’re also accepting guest posts which include the author’s name, bio and photo.