Neighborhoods in Düsseldorf
If we didn’t spend a good chunk of our time organizing all the incredible things there are do to in this city into their respective districts, we’d have one messy website for you to dig through. That’s why we’ve so carefully organized the cities districts into 10 different sections.
Please, do not complain if your favourite area of Düsseldorf was not included in this list, it is. Thanks to the oh-so-trustworthy Wikipedia (but seriously, I do trust that site… most of the time), there are actually 10 different districts in Düsseldorf, simply numbered 1-10. Each of these districts include a number of city pieces (or as they say in German, Stadtteile). Here’s the list so you don’t think we’ve forgotten to include your district:
- District 1: Altstadt, Derendorf, Golzheim, Carlstadt, Pempelfort, Stadtmitte
- District 2: Düsseltal, Flingern-Nord, Flingern-Süd
- District 3: Bilk, Flehe, Friedrichstadt, Hafen, Hamm, Oberbilk, Unterbilk, Volmerswerth
- District 4: Heerdt, Lörick, Niederkassel, Oberkassel
- District 5: Angermund, Kaiserswerth, Kalkum, Lohausen, Stockum, Wittlaer
- District 6: Lichtenbroich, Mörsenbroich, Rath, Unterrath
- District 7: Gerresheim, Grafenberg, Hubbelrath, Ludenberg
- District 8: Eller, Lierenfeld, Unterbach, Vennhausen
- District 9: Benrath, Hassels, Himmelgeist, Holthausen, Itter, Reisholz, Urdenbach, Wersten
- District 10: Garath, Hellerhof
If you’re curious as to how and why I only included one Stadtteile/city part in the buttons below, well…. it’s so that you don’t strain your eyes reading the longest button in the world, and so that I didn’t have to spend the entire day editing. So, I’ve selfishly picked out the Stadtteile which I think are the most well-known within each district. Hate it, or love it.
You can click on the buttons below to explore each district. If there is information missing that you think we should include, then send us an email and we’ll add it to our list of “blog posts that still need to be written“, or even better… write the piece for us and become a part of our Life in Düsseldorf authors team.
If you’re running short on time or are simply just a little too lazy to scout through our jam-packed sections about the coolest things to do in every district… you could always shift your eyes to the left (or scroll up if you’re on your phone) and check out some of the expats favorites (because we have the stats to prove it).
Of course, regardless of how many content pieces have been written, we’re still not finished yet. That means that if there’s something you’ve come here to learn more about and it’s not up on the site yet, send us an email and make sure that it’s on the list!
Oh an PS. we also send out a pretty kick-ass Monthly Highlights newsletter at the beginning of each month, so if you’re keen on keeping updated on new and exciting things going on around the city, you might want to add your email to the list!